Sunday, July 29, 2007

***Knife Review*** Ugly Knife from Tribal Edge Knives




OK, if you read the post about my summer vacation, you will see that I went to see my


Silat teacher(who showed me some cool Kali, also), Mushtaq. Aside from being a scholar,


cook, and martial arts teacher, Mushtaq also is a knife maker. His website for this is




He does this with Chuck Pippen, but they both have different styles.


When I arrived, he gifted me with two items I will keep forever, a walking stick, which will be reviewed later, and a knife, known as the Ugly Knife.


This knife is a wonderful multi-purpose knife. It is probably the most useful all around knife I have owned for quite a while.

According to Mushtaq, he designed it with utility in mind first, and SD as something it can do

as well. I can attest to it's utility use, as I carried it at work for awhile, and used it in the warehouse. Comfortable, sharp, and strong enough to handle everything, including falling on a concrete floor while I was climbing some shelves.
But, as we all should know by now, my interest in knives is more towards the SD/survival end of things. This knife performs wonderfully in this regard. A neutral handle means it can be used in all 4 primary grips. The balance point is in the middle, slightly in the handle, making slashes
easy and second nature. The point lines up for thrusting as well as any bowie I have used.
Look Mushtaq and the crew up at the link provided above, and buy one.
Even if you don't need one, you really do.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mike 'Bwana' Blackgrave said...

Nice blade..rustic & nasty...just how I like my ..LOL.....thought I'd say woman didn't you..nope knives, just how I like my knives

5:30 PM  
Blogger Dan Gambiera said...

"And how would sir like his coffee?"

"I like my coffee like I like my women. Hot and sweet!"

"Very good, sir. Black or white?"

8:10 PM  
Blogger Mike 'Bwana' Blackgrave said...

" And how would sir like his coffee?"

"I like my coffee like I like my woman. Bitter and Murky!"

8:15 AM  
Blogger Bobbe Edmonds said...

I like my women the way I like my knives: Sharp, treacherous, and can turn on you in a blink for some imagined offense. Dangerous to you & everybody around you. Ornately decorated with attractive curves and points that disguise a rabid psychotic she-bitch from Hell.

Oh, and preferably from Asia.

3:20 AM  
Blogger Mike 'Bwana' Blackgrave said...

Wow Bobbe after that description I need a cold shower.....

10:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well done! I like the look of this knife. Very primitive! I see your interested in survival knives. I have some reviews on some survival knives if you wan to check it out.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home