Saturday, August 25, 2007

Response to Aaron, my politics...

...sort of explained. This is in response to Aaron, who responded to my horseshit post, and mentioned my political leanings. Aaron, the post you brought up was over 2 years ago, and is
accurate for where I was at the time. I was a disillusioned former right wing conservative individual. Things have changed since then, as they must if you stay informed, and let yourself
evolve with new information.
At best, I am now a political agnostic, meaning I don't believe any politicians like I used to.
I also think the two party system is highly fucked in its present incarnation. I would like to see us take a more parlimentary system, and force these useless bastards to form coalitions, and work together to solve our problems.
I am finally, fully convinced that there never was the "Republican" party I believed in, it was all smoke and mirrors just to gain power. The "Democrats" are a scared, poor excuse for an opposition party, so they do not get any respect from me. Any party that comes to power, and immediatly ignores the people who got them there sucks, period, full stop.

In short, I am an American without an official political voice, who is veering rapidly toward a smaller, personal commune type system.
The labels liberal and conservative have no meaning to me any longer, other than to let me know what filter the one who identifies as that is using.
Hope this helps.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan Gambiera said...

We used to call people like this "Americans" :-(

11:44 AM  
Blogger Priest said...

Hmmm, At the least you have given me much to think on.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home