Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Happy Birthday Mushtaq


At every turn over the last decade, you have been there for me, to pick me up, train me, spank me down when I get a little full of myself. You have also been there when the inevitable backstabbings occur.
You have been the wise old man so many wish to be, but can never aspire to.
You gave me introduction to the martial arts I love so much, and cleaned up the ones I studied
before I knew you.
You opened my eyes to the world, and taught me to see the fun and joy in it, alongside the bad.

You introduced me to some of the most important people in my life, and took me in as family.

You made me learn how to organize and teach.

But most of all, you have been my friend, through thick and thin.

Happy Birthday, old man, and know Jae and I think often of you.
Talk to you soon...

5 Comments:

Blogger Bobbe Edmonds said...

Are throwing up the horns to Mushtaq?

Dude, and you claim that I'M irreverent!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Dan Gambiera said...

He's just doing it to keep away werewolves. Or weredoes.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Mike 'Bwana' Blackgrave said...

Cool pic....but that dude on Mushtaqs left is blinding me...LOL...

10:52 AM  
Blogger Bobbe Edmonds said...

Lick me, Blackgrave.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Tiel Aisha Ansari said...

Mike: that's "dazzling", not "blinding"

(apparently Bobbe needs the help)

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home