Tuesday, December 07, 2010

A new project, come to fruition

Every year, I attend the Gathering of the Tribes over Memorial Day weekend.
This is an event of the KSMA, hosted by Chuck Pippin. Chuck also happens to be a gifted knife maker. Well, martial arts and knives are two things that I obviously
have a strong interest in, and how I make my living.
Chuck and I got together and worked on a design I had bouncing around in my head for awhile. A fixed blade designed for every day carry and use in an urban environment.
A fighter that doesn't look like a fighter, so to speak. Chuck really hit it out of the park when he made it for me. I was impressed enough that I showed it to my bosses at Boker. Lo and behold, they liked it as well. Liked it enough to put it into production, as a matter of fact. So, after much time and anticipation, I would like to present the TUF, originally meaning Tactical Utility Fighter, but through marketing it is now Terry's Urban Fixed Blade:TUF
Thanks for looking, and please, buy alot of them!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Congratulations to you and Chuck!
Looks great!

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just bought a TUF a few minutes ago upon learning that you designed it, Terry...what can you tell me about the sheathing system? I know it's leather (why not kydex, I'm curious), and can be IWB carried (any particular grip orientation favored?), and that's it... Hope you are well!

-Lester S.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home