Sunday, December 16, 2007

My new tattoo




Here are a couple shots of my new tattoo. This was done by Heidi at Twisted Sol on Thanksgiving weekend. The photos aren't the best, and I want to take some in the daytime.
Those who know me will know what the tat means, but for those who need help, here goes.
The crossed baston & sundang, along with the circle and triangle, are from Bobbe Edmonds school crest, and symbolize what he has taught me, the FMAs I am learning, and the emphasis placed on weapons in my teaching.
The crossed kujangs are highly symbolic and personal for me. This is part of the crest for the art I have studied the longest, Silat Zulfikari, and my teacher, Mushtaq Ali.
Together, these come together and form what my personal style is becoming.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Chuck said...

Looks great Terry!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Todd Erven said...

Very nice, Terry.

Although, martial art tattoos generally need lots of color, dragons, and a foreign language that you can't read...

11:09 AM  
Blogger Mike 'Bwana' Blackgrave said...

Nice ink bro....I am in need of the sting as well...

8:20 AM  
Blogger Dan Gambiera said...

But Terry, what will you do when you throw yourself out of Zul Fikar and claim you never studied it or met Bobbe and Mushtaq? You'll just have to get Heidi to put a big asterisk next to it ;)

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home