Monday, June 13, 2005

Book tag

I have been tagged by Tiel of www.knockingfrominside.blogspot.com
for the Book Game.Thank you,and now I shall show the paucity of my current
reading collection.

Question 1)Total number of books I own.
Currently,I have about 300,I just sold alot of them,and continuosly trade them
at the local used bookstore.

Question 2)Last book I bought.
For the fiction section,it would be Brothers in Arms by Marcus Wynne.
For non-fiction,I can't remember if it was the original,autographed copy of
Delta Force by Col. Charles Beckwith,or The Sun Will Rise in the West,by Shaykh Taner.

Question 3)Last book I read.
Opening the Energy Gates of Your Body,by B.K. Frantzis(thanks Gerry,it's good)

Question 4)Five books that mean a lot to me.
This is a hard one,because I have owned thousands,and read more,but I'll try;
1)Firedance by Steve Barnes(of www.darkush.blogspot.com ),because it changed my
life.
2)The Christ Conspiracy by Acharya S,because it shows the importance of critical
thinking,no matter what side of the argument you fall on.
3)The Sun Will Rise in the West by Shaykh Taner Ansari,for speaking to my spirit.
4)Cheap Shots,Ambushes,& Other Lessons by Marc MacYoung,for starting me on
the path I'm on now.
And 5)Combat a l'arme blanche by Fred Perrin.Although it is only available
in French right now,it is a great book on all aspects of knife work,and was a great gift from Fred,
and I will always treasure it.
Damn,that was hard to limit it to those,but that is probably the best representation
of my best reads.
Thanks for reading.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tiel Aisha Ansari said...

Say, we have a great used bookstore here in Portland (hint, hint :) Powell's: ask Mushtaq about it. A place of dangerous delights...

11:21 AM  
Blogger Mushtaq Ali said...

Powells is the best used bookstore in the known universe. The main store alone is a whole city block and 4 stories high, then there are the satalite stores around town (drool).

Tery, you forgot to tag anyone for the meme.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home